Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In: July 1, 2012


Before my weigh-in, I was nervous. I thought I had done well this past week, until it came time for my brother’s birthday party. I couldn’t resist the ice cream cake my mom made. I had done such a good job earlier in the week, but on Wednesday and Thursday, I had several pieces of ice cream cake and I drank a lot of juice. (I love juice. Seriously, it’s one of my favorite things to drink.)

I did go to the gym five days out of the week, and I did eat healthfully most of the time. I hoped my efforts at the gym were enough to see some change on the scale, but after all that cake and sugary juice, I wasn’t sure.

I weighed myself yesterday morning… I lost 4.4 lbs this week!! I don’t even know how that was possible, especially with all that cake! I weighed myself at least five times on two different scales, just to be sure. I only need to lose one more pound to be back at the weight I was at the beginning of June. What a relief!!

I’m going to continue to do what I did last week, but this time without the cake and juice. ;) I was looking at my gym’s class schedule and realized that there are usually two classes per day that I like to do. So my plan this week is to try and do two classes at the gym each day, instead of just one. I like the classes because I can just show up and do what the instructors tell me to do. If I work out on my own, I noticed that I try to get away with not doing as much. But in the class setting, I push myself and get a better workout.

I know that seeing another huge loss like that this next week is unlikely, but I still want to work hard and lose as much as I can this summer. And honestly, I’m enjoying working out. I never, ever thought I’d say that. But it’s true. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment