Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In: June 24, 2012


This month has been crazy! I can’t believe it’s been so long since I last did a weigh-in post. I haven’t been able to weigh myself in a long time. It seems like every Saturday has been incredibly busy! I finally did weigh myself yesterday morning before all of the wedding festivities began.

Unfortunately, since the last time I weighed myself, I have gained 5.2 lbs. I know the reason behind the weight gain is my eating habits. I’ve been going to the gym pretty regularly, sometimes twice a day, so I know the weight gain is due to how I’ve been eating. I didn’t eat very well while at my grandparents’ house and since our kitchen was being remodeled, my family ate out quite a bit the past couple of weeks. This past week was especially challenging what with the bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, and wedding reception. So combine vacation, kitchen remodel, and wedding plans, and it’s no wonder I gained weight.

It’s interesting though… In the past, a gain like this would cause me to lose faith in the diet plan and I’d throw in the towel. Sometimes it didn’t even take a gain for me to quit; making a few mistakes here and there would be enough sometimes for me to give up completely. But now, this gain has given me a boost of motivation. I know what I need to change and I have every intention of making those changes. I know that if I continue to eat the way I have been the past few weeks, I’ll slowly gain all of the weight I’ve worked so hard to lose. I refuse to let that happen. I don’t want to be overweight anymore. I don’t want to put my health at risk because I can’t make healthy choices. I’m determined to take control of my choices and turn bad habits into good ones.

Here are my plans for this week: I will make healthy eating choices, which means not going over my daily WW point allotment, no fast food, no junk food, lots of fruits and veggies, and no diet soda! I will also workout daily, and if possible, twice a day. With these plans, I can’t wait to see what the scale will say next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment