Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Lovely Day For A Wedding


Yesterday, my friend Makeila got married. It’s still so weird to say that! Married. Wow! The whole day was kind of surreal. Not only was it bizarre to watch my friend experience a major life milestone, it was also weird to experience the day I had worked so hard towards. Losing weight for the wedding had been such a big goal of mine. Now that that goal has been accomplished, I need to find something else to take its place.

I think one of the best feelings of the day was the confidence I felt while in my bridesmaid’s dress. I wasn’t ashamed to be standing up in front of everyone in that dress. I wasn’t embarrassed standing next to the other bridesmaids. And I absolutely loved taking pictures with everyone. Confidence is a great feeling, and it feels good to have mine returning.

I had a great time yesterday. It was fun to watch everyone get ready and then watch my friend walk down the aisle. Below are some pictures from the day that I wanted to share. Enjoy!!


 This is the side view of my hair. My stylist did a braid around that became a side pony. Loved it!!


Side pony! 


Me and the bride getting ready 


My friend Kait, who was also a bridesmaid, did my make up. Love this girl! 


The bride and I after she got her hair done.


Kait also got to do the bride's make up. 


 This picture was taken just after all the bridesmaids got to see Makeila in her dress for the first time. We all cried!! Makeila then asked us to help her get her shoes on.


Makeila, the goregous bride! 


 
Emotional moment


Kait and I waiting for the ceremony to start. 


I absolutely love this picture!! 


There were some extra flowers from the centerpieces, so each of the bridesmaids got to wear one. 


The Bride & Groom 


Makeila with her sister Katelyn, the Maid of Honor 


At the reception with my friend Lauren 


Trista! Love this chick! 


My friend Erin 


One of my favorite pictures from the day!! Kait changed out of her bridesmaid's dress because her dress was too small for her! It took several people to zip it up, and the boning in the front of the dress was stabbing her ribcage. So after dinner at the reception, she gladly changed out of it. 


Waiting in line for cake! 


At this moment, Makeila's cousin was singing "One In A Million." He has sung that song at each of his cousins' weddings. Special moment! 


First Dance! 


Father Daughter Dance! Her dad cried through the whole thing. Precious!


Kait helped decorate the married couple's car.  



I’m very happy for Makeila and I wish her and her husband all the very best!! Thank you for asking me to be a part of such a special day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment